Saturday, August 29, 2009

Showers/parties - August

I'm pretty sure we had a good time in San Antonio at the Bachelorette Party. Not that I drank so much I can't remember, just that it's been awhile and I can't remember. I'll do the best I can.

Carolyn, Wendy, Daphne & I rode to San Antonio together. We dropped Daphne off at the hotel where she, Robin and all the others were staying. Wendy, Carolyn & I then checked into our hotel and headed to the Riverwalk for a little shopping.

We spent more time shopping than we should have and we had to really rush to spruce up and walk to the other hotel to meet up with everyone. We were supposed to be there early enough to help decorate Robin's veil, but our shopping had gone on too long.

Our first destination was Dick's Last Resort. I don't really know how to describe it. It's a restaurant where the waitstaff can't wait for you to say something they can make fun of. Then they write a retort on a large cylinder of paper that's twisted at the top and rolled at the bottom. Then pop it on the head of the person they're insulting. They look like big condoms. Quite a few of us were wearing the paper condoms by the time we left. An example of one of the retorts: Carolyn had a question about the menu, so her condom said, "50% blonde, 100% dumb!"

The waitstaff were rushing around...taking care to bump into the patrons, knock off our "hats" or push our hats all the way down to our necks...at every opportunity.

Robin in her beautifully decorated "veil"
The walk from the hotel to Dick's Last Resort

The bride-to-be gets the first "hat"
Daphne and Alicia...I'm not sure what Alicia has on her head!

Lindsay, Peggie & Wendy

Check out the size of the beers...32 oz!

After dinner we walked to Howl at the Moon, a great piano bar that is a "must visit" place for bachelorettes. Wendy, Carolyn, Daphne & I stayed for about an hour, then walked back to the hotels to call it a night.

The youngsters made quite a night of it and finished it off with breakfast at Denny's in the wee hours. A good time was had by all!

The Indians at Howl at the Moon

Peggie giving Robin an ice bath

No comments:

Post a Comment